Early in the deployment I sent Jay a half used bottle of my perfume. He told me that he sprayed it in his wall locker. When he opened his locker he could smell me… deep sigh…
Once Jay, went back to Iraq, after his leave time. I slept with one of his gently used t-shirts. After awhile it didn’t smell like him anymore… Guess what that man did? He sent me a gently worn Army t-shirt, sprayed with his cologne. I have kept that t-shirt in the baggy, in my top dresser drawer… un-opened, until Christmas Eve….I should not have done it, the tears came like a flood!
Christmas Day:
I made our annual Christmas morning breakfast, and the children awoke to the smell of bacon and eggs. I was a glutton for punishment… while Reign napped and the boys dispersed, I watched the movie “The Notebook”. The LOVE and then meeting that little lady yesterday… OM Goodness! Talk about a wreck?! :-) its all so good though…. He bottles them all up, and it is so healing to cry. I knew it was coming. One can only hold back the tears for so long…
Be blessed this Christmas, hug those little old ladies and LOVE your spouses. Don’t hold BACK….
I love you my dear. So glad we have each other =]
ReplyDelete