
Got to love those acronyms!
We spent last weekend with our ARMY FAMILY: The Johnsons, Nickelsons, Paulsons, Meiers, Carrons, Schmidts and the list goes on...
We are getting ready for REINTEGRATION
Friday afternoon started out with bowling with the Home school group in Shakapee, then we took Reign to my sisters house in Bloomington for the night, and off to St. Paul we went. We checked in to the Holiday Inn. Everyone brought something to share for a potluck and the kids went swimming while the wives visited!
Saturday was a busy day: Several organizations in St. Paul got together to prepare a meal for the Soldiers and their families (a steak dinner). It was all held via satellite from St. Paul to Iraq. We were able to see Jay and a few other friends as we shared a steak dinner. It was emotional to see Moms holding up their new born babies, so daddy could see them. We made it through singing Amazing Grace and listened to Miss Minnesota sing the National Anthem. whew! My sister brought Reign to to the River Center around 1pm. We skyped with Jay and then registered for Sunday's conference. We got our FREE tickets to the science museum and we were off and running again... It was neat to see the Titanic exhibit. Once we made it back to the hotel, the teens decided they were Hungary. CHINESE!! and off we went again. This time looking for Chinese. It was a lot of fun!
Sunday I checked Reign into the daycare area and began a long day of classes. I would have to say that I did not learn anything "new", however the classes confirmed what I already "knew" and that was a good thing. It was nice to bond with the Army wives. It was hard to leave... the weekend went way too fast.
We are gearing up for Jay's return home, I have so many mixed emotions. Another new season our family will be going through. We listened to a few soldiers and families share their experiences about "the homecoming" and I can relate with them, deep sigh...
Continuing to walk in His Grace...
No comments:
Post a Comment