Friday, December 25, 2009

Our Skype… Christmas Eve


In Minnesota it was 6:00pm. The boys eagerly moved the Christmas gifts from the living room to the computer room. In Iraq it was 3:00 am. Jay got up extra early; he walked over to the computer lab; to have Christmas Eve, with his family via Skype.

2 months ago I thought I could not handle opening gifts over Skype, I cried just thinking about it, and thought it was too emotional. Jay, and I talked about it and we were going to wait to have Christmas, for when he came home. As the weeks went on… I was getting stressed out about ‘CHANGE” My OCD was kick’n in and the change was more stressful than the thought of a Skype Christmas.

The computer lab wasn’t too busy; we were able to have Jay, to ourselves for almost 4hours. It was nice to have him “here with us” while the kids opened up their gifts.

Jay and I had a few minutes alone… face to face on the computer, just staring at each other, satisfying, the visual senses. Missing each other like crazy… more torment than anything… UGH!

Jay usually will call me every night … just to say goodnight. We do not have much time on the phone. His schedule is very busy. After we Skyped he called me and tucked me into bed… He is so sweet. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment