Monday, December 28, 2009

"Grandma"

Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.


We went up to St. Paul, to visit my mom. It has been awhile since we have seen her. I knew it was going to be difficult visit; her health has deteriorated in the past few months. Once we introduced ourselves she seemed some what familiar with us. Her eyes lit up once she saw the kids, and she commented on my hair, she liked my scarf, She told me I had a big mouth, lol! (I was talking too loud) I told her I got my big mouth from her... She LAUGHED. Mom still has her sarcasm and humor.

I told her that it was really hard for me to see her like this... she paused, turned her head and was emotional... Mom was "with me". She was unable to carry on a conversation however; I could say one sentence and she could follow me for a few minutes, then her head would lay back as she curled up into the bed. When she saw Tyler, she said, "oh my he is big... how much does that boy weigh"? I laughed once we left and Praised God, that she didn't ask me that question. :-)

Reign warmed up to her after a little bit and referred to her as grandma. The sound of "Grandma" coming out of her mouth, warmed my heart. Reign will not have any grandparents alive once my mom passes away.

As most of you know, My dad lived with us the last 6 months of his life. If I could I would move her in, However it is just not an option. The boys learned so much while grandpa lived here. I cherish those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment