Thursday, December 17, 2009

The "Sisterhood" of the traveling "National Guard"

As Jay was getting ready for this deployment, I earnestly prayed for ONE, GODLY, CHRIST FOLLOWING, ARMY WIFE, and FRIEND. God is so faithful of course, he granted that request. He sent me ONE... I think the "BEST ONE".

I remember seeing her sitting across the table at the third FRG meeting. She seemed a little nervous, bold, eager to absorb her surroundings, cheerful, confident, she had a contagious smile, and she was constantly talking about JESUS... WHAT? I could not believe what I was hearing! NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE LADIES THAT LOVES GOD? Could it be true? I asked her for her contact info, I called her a week later, telling her; "I NEED to get out of my house, and away from my kids before I hurt someone". I'm sure her first thought was, "I need to clean my house", too bad, there I was... at her door. We did not waste anytime. Our conversation went straight to HEART issues, the best conversations in the world. I love relationships like this... nothing to hide, we bared our heart and souls from 6pm until 1am. It was a "sisterhood" connection right from the start. We have so many of the same interests, it is almost scary... besides Jesus, deployed husbands, children of the same age, and similar house decor... we LOVE Cherry Coke!

The guys however, had never met and they worked on opposites ends of the base. While Jay was home in July, we were on a walk through Le Center, She called me concerned about a few new changes she had noticed in her hubby. I asked if Perkins sounded OK? and at 10pm at night... off we went. The guys were finally able to meet.

Our meeting was just a few days after the 3 MP's were killed on base. The guys talked and talked and talked... My friend and I just looked at each other and realized... Our Army men need each other... not just OUR men, all of the Soldiers. We decided we needed to make every effort to get the "guys" together after deployment... so they can talk, and we can listen.

I Praise God for His faithfulness, and sending me my... "Dex"
Oh, I almost forgot we have gone JEAN shopping.... just to tie in the sisterhood thing, wink! wink!

4 comments:

  1. ahahaha!! that's SOOOO great to hear, God is SO faithful, friends like sisters are SOO important and sharing the same jeans is too ;) hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you christina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, Nancy, Nancy.....

    Just when I think you have filled my soul cup, you surprise me. My cup runneth over. I also praise God often for His infinite wisdom in bringing the two of us and our families together during this past year.

    I read this entry to my husband yesterday via our Skype "date". When I was finished he said, "I think Nancy is about the only other person on Earth who knows my wife as well as I do." Awwwww.....

    It IS amazing all the things we found we had in common, some right away, some over time. Gotta love that Cherry Coke, the Willow Tree figurines, the red cars. But the shower curtain? That was just plain freaky!

    I know that somewhere in God's plan, He had us written to be best friends, sisters with soul ties. He is amazing God, detailed God, compassionate God. He placed our husbands together and then gave us each other.

    Dear, sweet Lord Jesus...
    Thank you so much for this awesome woman you have brought into my life. You have blessed my family's life with this gift. Thank you for her faith, thank you for her wonderful children. Thank you God for her courage and strength and obedience. I am honored to have her in my life, Lord. Please bless her and keep her safe. Surround her with your protection, shower her with your grace. All the glory is yours God. I pray this in your holy name.
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sniff sniff... I feel like a dam that has been release. I knew it was coming... just did not know when!

    ReplyDelete