Thursday, October 1, 2009

MAIL... the most requested item!

Jay, is ready to come home; just as all the soldiers are. The second half of a deployment is always the hardest. Once again he is requesting mail.

Most of the soldiers DO NOT HAVE INTERNET in their living quarters. So when they go back to their rooms they like to read mail. THEY NEED TO BE ENCOURAGED! lately I have been passing out self addressed stamped envelopes to people we know; so they will send something to Jay. I honestly think that is kind of sad... but I will do what I have to for him... SNAIL MAIL IS JAY'S ONLY REQUEST! So if I get crabby you know why, it is something so simple yet people cannot seem to do it!

Adopt a soldier: About 17 families from our home school group has adopted a soldier. Each family is going to write one letter a week to a soldier and encourage them with a scripture. PRAISE GOD!

A Smile form a Child: I contacted the Le Center public school, and 6 classrooms are going to start writing to soldiers. If you are interested in helping pay for postage e-mail me at (harm3jn@frontiernet.net) I am looking for donations.

Did you know? .... ONE LETTER may give ONE SOLDIER enough HOPE for that day to NOT commit suicide!

No comments:

Post a Comment