Monday, October 26, 2009

My day...


Well today started off kinda slow. Reign was exhausted from being at the youth Pastor's house late last night. She was so crabby this morning. I remember why we stopped going to Pastor Tiffs on Sunday nights... I pay for it the next day.

Around 11 a.m. I got a message from an Army Wife; telling me that she was talking to her hubby and he "had to GO" the base was being mortared. I texted the prayer warriors, and sat and prayed~cried casting down those imaginations in my mind, for about an hour. My friend called later to tell me that they were in an all clear and no one was injured. PRAISE GOD.

There hasn't been any excitement on the base for awhile now. The last two weeks I have been doing really well, considering the doctor told me I was real close to nervous breakdown stage. Today I felt like I was jerked back into reality. I hate when this happens. It is amazing how fast your life/future flashes before your eyes. I felt that same gut wrenching ache and weak knees. It is so hard to focus after something like this.

The church dropped off a few meals this afternoon. It was nice not to have to make supper tonight... It would have been a pb and j night.

Andrew came home and announced that the recruiter called him today and tomorrow they will head out to South Dakota so he can be sworn in with the MN Army National Guard as a MP. I really had to hold back the tears. I told him if he hugged me any longer I would totally fall apart emotionally.... some days are way worse then others and today was one of those days.

I decided to pack up the kids and go to Wal-mart. Jay had requested a few items so we picked some stuff up for him. nothing like shop therapy... right? :-) I packed up about 10 fall treat bags and signed 10 Veterans Day cards for Jay's co-workers. We dropped off 12 boxes at the school so they can send gift packages to the soldiers they adopted.

I typed up the Christmas letter that will be sent to the soldiers of HSC, for Christmas. The commander looked it over to make sure it was politically correct, and after a few additions; it was approved... (politically correct) Hmm that just makes me want to vomit. No worries though... I will comply! :-)

Caleb tucked Reign into bed for me and fell asleep in my bed... while I corrected spelling, math, social studies and health tests. I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the hard wood, and picked up the house. Here I sit at the computer 12:30 a.m.

I need to go to bed!

Psalm 119:28
My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

Psalm 105:4
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always
.

Good night and God Bless!
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. oh Nancy! I'm so sorry!!! Wow, what a day, when you think it can't get worse, something else seems to happen. You are grounded though, where would you be if you didn't have your foundation!

    ReplyDelete