Monday, October 5, 2009

The Gate


The past few days Jay, has been doing something work related at the gate of the base. He said, "they had a little excitement". An Iraqi was approaching the gate on a motorcycle at an excessive speed. The soldiers were told to get ready... except in "army words". Jay had a pistol!?! and thought it would be better to hang tight with the guy packing a gun with the M-4 attached. Once again... (DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THE PROPER NAMES OF THESE GUNS) I am horrible at this. Anyway, this gun is bigger than a pistol! The guy on the motorcycle did stop, just before getting shot! whew... I could not imagine! everything was fine.

For the most part Jay, says "the nationals (Iraqis) are friendly". He said, "you can tell who the ones are that want you dead, by the way they look at you. The evil is in their eyes". About 500 or so come on base each day to work. It is quite the process for them to get on and off base, if you thought airport security was bad?! They even get their eyeballs scanned. I Praise God for the extra measures, and for keeping them all so safe!

I got a phone call from another army wife early yesterday morning she is worried about her husband and combat stress. He is making comments about buying a gun and having it at home, just encase someone comes after them. She told me they live in a neighborhood where they never have to lock the doors.

We are all getting ready for reintegration training and what to expect. I pray patience upon the spouses of the soldiers. Most people think that the tour is over once the soldier gets home... not the case, for some it takes months to get back to normal. Well, I guess a "new normal" I don't think after a year at war things can go back to the way they once were, maybe close but not the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment