Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 2, 2007 ~ YES, 2007


Several years ago, A friend of mine named Donna had a dream. In her dream the Lord, told her that Jay and I were going to have a baby. A few months after the dream she felt lead to share it with us. Of course Jay laughed out loud and said "yeah right!” Jay was 45, and it had been 11 years since the last baby! Do I need to say anymore?

I prayed for about a year for the Lord, to change Jay's heart if it was indeed His will for us to have another child. One year later Jay and I found ourselves praying together for God's will for another baby! :-)
Honestly we kind of forgot about it.

Until: December of 2007 Christmas Vacation!
I woke up in the middle of the night and I saw Jesus standing next to my bedside. He was very gentle and peaceful and he said to me; "I have given you a daughter and you will name her Reign, because I REIGN!" I actually argued with him about the name several times I told him that reign was a dumb name for a girl. He very gently repeated himself 3 times as I argued with him; "You WILL name her Reign, because I REIGN!"
So I finally gave in and as I sat up to ask him about a middle name he was gone!

I seriously thought this was some kind of spiritual dream, NOT PHYSICAL. I really thought the Lord was going to birth something new in my life and perhaps reign as never before. I was leading a woman’s Bible study in my home at the time, and I thought God was going to move in their lives in an amazing way.

I shared this dream with everyone… for those of you that do not know me; this is how God speaks to me. He speaks to me in visions and dreams. I was tossing this vision out to my friends to help me try and understand what it all meant. About six weeks later I decided to take a pregnancy test, for obvious reasons! 

I WAS PREGNANT!

I freaked and started to shake and cry.. telling Jay OMG I really meant Oh MY God!
what if it is a GIRL! What if? What if? I had wanted to have a girl for over 17 years. Did I really see Christ? Did He really speak to me? Am I going CRAZY?

We had THREE ultra sounds that said, GIRL! A huge baby shower (with over 75 gifts!) all PINK! I was very nervous!

During this time God changed my heart… Even though I had desired to have a daughter. My desire changed. My desire now was…

“Lord, I only desire for this baby to be a girl so many people will KNOW that YOU are GOD and the YOU are STILL ALIVE and SPEAK to us TODAY!

When I count back the days from my actual due date; conception took place the last week in December. crazy huh?
Reign was born one month early (in God’s eyes she was born right on time) She was born on Donna’s Birthday September 2, 2007. The Lord Blessed Donna and confirmed to her as well, that she in fact had heard His voice!

Christ is ALIVE! He loves you so very much, and he desires to have a relationship with you!

Blessings
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment