Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My private journal entry from April 25th 2009

Jay left around 1 am to Maine. He got there about 9:30 am. He texted me at 4:44pm and now landed in Germany. Each step is harder the further he gets. Communication is going to get tough. Not being able to talk to him each day and night before bed. Texting him is not the same. It could be several weeks before the Internet in Iraq is up and running.

Tyler picked rock with Cody today, and is spending the night at his house. Caleb is with Joshua, Hannah is spending the night with Reign and I as we watch "Pride and Prejudice." Andrew did not come home last night - praying he is not going backwards.

Earlier today I laid in my bed and CRIED. Reign laid next to me and lifted my arm and handed me her daddy doll. She knew ... She took her nuk out of her mouth and kissed my face three times. (Wow almost 2 years later and I still cry as I type this today.) My heart ached for my husband. (The pain of missing him is still raw.) She was so precious. Reign then picked up Jay's t-shirt that I slept with, she smelled it and set it close to me. I think she has been watching me. She is too smart.

This is my time to draw closer to the Lord. Jay is officially on tour! UGH!! Our Seattle trip was amazing. Now it is time to journal. I guess we will see how this goes...

READING
Psalm 43:3-5

3 Send me your light and your faithful care,
let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you dwell.
4 Then I will go to the altar of God,
to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the lyre,
O God, my God.

5 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment