Andrew was given a possible MOB date. This means they are pretty sure "WHEN" he will be deployed. The government always changes things, so I'm not going to hold my breath for this one. God is faithful in answering my prayer. Andrew will not be in the mountains of Afghanistan. PTL!! However his responsibility will be more dangerous than Jays, and communication will be more difficult. It may be weeks in between conversations.
I think the reality of this deployment finally hit Andrew. He came over the other night to talk. There are many things to think about and so many decisions to make. No one at the age of 21 wants to discuss possible funeral arrangements. Thank you Lord, for giving Andrew and Mom PEACE! I know that having Jay home during Andrew's deployment will make things much easier "for me". He has a way about talking me through things and he knows the TRUTH about different situations, casting down those vain imaginations from the enemy with truth is a great thing!
A few people asked me how I feel about Andrew deploying. I have not thought too much about it, until now. He is apart of me.. my son. tears... although he has become an amazing young man, he is still so young and has so much to learn about himself, and the world. I of course worry, pray, trust God for divine health and safety. ( I just used "worry" and "trust God" in the same sentence.. kind of an oxy moron?! but its my reality as an ARMY MOM). I know Andrew will grow and learn so much. I am excited for him, and I cannot wait to see how much this experience changes him into the man God created him to be. I have always spoken "leadership" over my children. Andrew is a leader. I believe Andrew will be used mightily for HIS KINGDOM!
More later...
No comments:
Post a Comment