Saturday, March 21, 2009

some photos of Jay and misc...





Jay has finally had a few hours for himself, He got out and played some b-ball. He said "he was the only white guy on the court" I am so Glad he was able to get outa the office!

We have been able to web cam quite a bit it seems this last week. The boys played some Internet games with Jay like Chinese checker and hang man. Our technology is so amazing. It was just like a family game night. We told Jay next time we'll make the popcorn! For Jay, and I it is really hard to say goodbye and then go to bed without each other. "an emptiness" during this time we open up the Word and are reminded of God's promises. Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Jay was in Ft. Lewis when he first signed up with the National Guard in the early 1980s. The barracks where he stayed is still there, Along with other memorabilia. I posted a few pictures... one of the vest that Jay wore in Korea, you can see a big difference if you notice the vest that Jay is wearing while sporting those amazing glasses! (I feel like I'm MC~ing a fashion show) I need to get some more information about the other photos and then I'll post more later!

Tyler and I went to Menards to pick up a few things we needed around the house, for this spring. I tell ya it was really hard to be in there without Jay. It may sound weird.. however I'm never in there without him.. of course I got a little teary eyed. Tyler still gives me those looks like are you ok?? or what??

The boys have been staying busy with school and church activities. On Sunday eve, we go to the youth Pastors house for prayer. Last Sunday night was amazing. It was so awesome to see Tyler leading the youth. He had an amazing personal experience with God, during this time. "all I can say is it was very cool" hopefully more to come for ALL OF US! This is a season for spiritual growth for this ENTIRE FAMILY. We can all see it, feel it, and desire it!

We are counting down the days when we will see each other in Seattle... 24 to go! It is hard to believe that Jay has been gone for 6 weeks.. 46 more weeks and he will be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment