Monday, March 30, 2009

Jay has been gone for 46 days!

Only 319 days to go!...
better yet only a FEW DAYS UNTIL WE SEE EACH OTHER IN SEATTLE, YIPPEE!!

Last week I went to the FRG meeting, the Family Readiness Meeting in Inver Grove Heights. They talked about what to do if a soldier is hurt or dies while on duty.
There were a few ladies that were emotional. It is valuable information and I was looking forward to hearing about the process. One thing I did not know is that 99 percent of the time when you hear of injuries or of a fatality on the news, the family is notified before it actually hits the news. Of course there is that one percent that leaks out. However I felt like I can at least watch the news and not worry. I made a few connections with a few other ladies.

Jay is keeping busy getting everybody ready to head to Iraq. The last few Sundays he has been able to kick back and relax a little bit so that has been good for him. He says that he is enjoying the rain, he sees the sun about every 4-5 days.

Make sure no letters get sent to the Ft. Lewis address after April 1, 2009. Everyone that we know should have the new APO address. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANYTHING TO THE APO ADDRESS UNTIL APRIL 10, 2009. E-mail Nancy or call for the address if you did not receive it. thank you!

OUR VERSE FOR TODAY:
Psalm 145:18-20
The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment