The picture posted above is of Caleb, staff at military kids camp "in the center" his name was tree! and Chris, Caleb's new army buddy!
I'm not sure where the month of June went!? Perhaps that is a good thing?! Caleb went from Kids Camp at Lake Geneva to Military Kids Camp and then to a friends house so Tyler and I could go to Royal Family Kids Camp. I think Caleb was home 2 days in the last 3 weeks... WOW!
Jay and I are back down to limited communication. I hear from him twice a week, and then one or both of us are exhausted, and there really is not much either of us care to discuss other than we love each other and say good-night. Jay will be home in a few weeks for his 15 day leave. Our time together is already filled up. I really hope time will slow down while he is home. I pray that we all get "Our Time" with him! It has been 5 months since the kids have seen there dad.
Jay will need to see a specialist while he is home to have a couple cysts removed on his hand. It is not a big deal just very painful. I had the same surgery a few years ago. Hopefully he will recover quickly before he heads back on tour. The post op will be in Iraq, however we both feel better with him having the procedure here in the U.S. There is just something about ARMY DOCTORS one is a little leery about! :-)
RFKC "Royal Family Kids Camp" is a camp that our family has been involved with for the past 6 years. It is a camp that offers a week of positive memories for children that are in Foster Care, abused, or neglected children. It is always so rewarding and this year was no different. My niece Christina flew in from Sweden and was able to be there for a couple of days. It was nice to spend some time with her. It has been almost a year since we have seen each other. She brought me some amazing chocolate... I'M NOT GOING TO SHARE WITH ANYONE! Tyler was a staff assistant and counselor assistant this year. He really worked hard and had a servants heart all week! I am so very proud of him! It was such a blessing to watch him interact with the campers. Andrew came out to camp in the evenings and helped give the counselors a break... The boys just loved him! Caleb and Reign stayed with the Langworthy's! PRAISE GOD for Tom and Kris, they have been key players in my sanity and being there for me when ever I need them! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! thank you to Kit and Doree, and Tina Wagner for being there for my kids and Kris when all craziness broke loose! when I told Jay what was going on he simply said... "thank God, for our family" you all mean so very much to us!
Blessings to you all! and Good-night!
No comments:
Post a Comment